Members of the Central Oregon CrossFit community will have their own personal goals ranging from wanting to lose weight to becoming a strong competitive athlete. Our team will do our best to give our members the opportunity to reach those goals.
Our vision is to create a foundation of health based on three guiding principles:
- Disease/ injury prevention: through safe, effective and consistent healthy lifestyle practices we can create an opportunity to prevent future diseases such as heart disease, stroke and diabetes. Through those same practices we can provide you with the cardiovascular/ respiratory endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, coordination, agility, balance, and accuracy with movement to be able to do your day to day activities with ease and lower the risk of injury and improve your overall quality of life.
- Longevity in life: Having elevated disease risk markers such as being overweight, having high blood pressure, high cholesterol or high blood sugar can put more strain on the body than normal which creates more damage to the body internally and externally. Healthy lifestyle practices can improve and in some cases remove a variety of these disease risk markers to allow your body to function at a more sustainable level and for a longer period of time.
- Functional independence: As we age we naturally slow down and can become less mobile and less able to function in our every day lives. Without physical activity we can lose our strength, balance and overall ability to operate at a higher level physically and mentally which in turn decreases the quality of our life. Participating in regular healthy practices helps keep us functional, mobile, capable and independent.
We are about developing:
- Speed: Our definition of speed can be interpreted in various ways. Why move weight slow when you can move weight fast, and efficiently? Members of Central Oregon CrossFit will become proficient at Olympic lifts (and weightlifting). These lifts allow our movement to be both quick and efficient from one point to another and produce athletic development in humans. We will work on running and sprinting mechanics that will make you a faster human being.
- Strength: A stronger person is a person more ready to take on any task that is asked of him or her. We move, we lift and we carry large heavy loads in everyday life. At Central Oregon CrossFit we want you to be ready to pick up whatever is put in front of you and whatever life throws at you.
- Integrity: Crossfit, and the training that we do, will not only make you a better athlete but also a better person all around. You will be able to push yourself through grueling tasks you never thought possible for yourself and you will watch yourself succeed. The choice is yours for your performance of these tasks. What you put in is what you get out. You always have the choice to be honest with yourself. Honest with where you’re at physically and mentally when you walk in the gym that day. Honest with your time and effort.
- Community: Multiple studies have shown that a human being is able to endure more when in a group setting. At Central Oregon CrossFit, we are all part of something bigger than ourselves. COCF embraces inclusiveness. We are part of a community. A family. We sweat together, we work together, we celebrate and encourage one another, we laugh and sometimes even cry together, but most importantly we succeed together.